Welcome to WGAC 2022 Fall Cheerleading!
We, here at WGAC, are excited to be starting another successful season as part of CNY Pop Warner. It is important that we honor the spirit and traditions of the Pop Warner Program. We are expected to show the highest sportsmanship, moral code of ethics, and standards here at WGAC. Our goal at WGAC is to provide you and your child with a “positive” and fun experience with long lasting memories in years to come.
Please review the following information provided as it will give you some insight on upcoming events.
During the month of AUGUST:
- FLAG Cheer begins practice Monday, August 1st and will practice Tuesday – Thursday evening. Practice starts at 5:30
- (FLAG is for children in grades K-1st this coming Fall.)
- Mitey Mite, Jr Pee Wee, Pee Wee and Jr Midget begin Monday, August 1st and will practice on Monday-Thursday evening. Practice starts at 5:30
- Upon arrival on Monday, August 1st, your child will be advised of their team coach and team placement.
Practice Once School Starts:
- Mitey Mite, Jr Pee wee, Pee Wee and Jr Midget Cheer practices Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:30-7:30.
- Flag/Tiny Mite cheerleading practice Tuesday and Thursday 5:30-7:00
Your child should be in navy shorts with no pockets, white t-shirt along with athletic sneakers and socks and hair pulled back in a high ponytail. PLEASE NO KEDS, flip flops, Crocs or other type shoe should be worn other than above mentioned sneakers. Practice for ALL levels starts promptly at 5:30pm and are held at the Pottery Road Fields. Please bring plenty of water to practice to help keep the kids hydrated.
Picture Day 2022:
The schedule for pictures will be determined for the end of August!
**Please make sure you are there on time. “There are NO makeup dates” (except for bad weather)!!!!!!!
- You should have been contacted by a member of our coaching staff informing you of missing paperwork. If you have not already done so, please place all missing paperwork along with your child’s name on the front of envelope and bring to your child’s first night of practice.
- If your child is missing any part of the required paperwork, he or she will have to sit on the sidelines until all their paperwork is collected.
- ALL CHEERLEADERS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND AND CHEER AT ALL FOOTBALL GAMES, HOME AND AWAY.
- “CASH AND CARRY” will be sometime in August with EMPIRE CHEER from Rochester. EMPIRE CHEER accepts Cash, Check and Credit Cards at the time of purchase. A price list of “extras” was given at the time of registration.
We look forward to seeing you and your child(ren)! Please keep in mind we need your help in making this a successful and meaningful season for all!!!! VOLUNTEERS are ALWAYS welcome!!!
WGAC Cheer Commissioner